1GbE-iSCSI-to-8Gb-Fibre Channel, multi-protocol, distance, and iSCSI connectivity
The QLogic 6200 Series of Intelligent Storage Routers provides a powerful and cost-effective protocol connectivity tool for medium-sized businesses up to the largest enterprises. The router allows cross-protocol routing for 8Gb Fibre Channel and 10GbE/1GbE iSCSI. The QLogic 6240, 6250, and 6260 Series Routers can be used to provide multi-protocol for host connectivity to storage systems, SAN-over-WAN connectivity for business continuity and disaster recovery, and a flexible data migration solution.
The QLogic 6240 Routers can be used to provide multi-protocol for host connectivity to storage systems, SAN-over-WAN connectivity for business continuity and disaster recovery, and a flexible data migration solution.
- Multi-protocol connectivity for storage and hosts
- SAN-over-WAN connectivity for remote replication
- Flexible blade architecture supports port expansion and future protocols
- Sharing of SAN devices for improved utilization
- Multi-protocol architecture, providing low cost and high performance
- Hot-swap router blades and power modules for high availability
- Unimpeded server deployment through initiator virtualization, without major disruptions to the network or fabric
- Supports up to 2,048 iSCSI initiators
- Online and offline data migration solution providing flexible migration capabilities
iSR6240 Fabric Routing Platform.
The QLogic Intelligent Storage Router, iSR6240, based on our dual-blade TrueFlex architecture, is an intelligent, HA fabric routing and application hosting platform that enables multiprotocol routing, SAN-over-WAN extension, and data migration. The Initiator Virtualization technology deployed in the iSR6240 provides storage consolidation for a large number of servers and virtual machines. The iSR6240 has a unique, dual-blade, HA architecture that has the best price, performance, and flexibility available for saving time, money, and management resources.
Fabric routing platform details include the following:
- iSCSI Host Connectivity for Fibre Channel Arrays and Devices. The iSR6240 provides multi-protocol iSCSI connectivity to Fibre Channel SAN devices for higher storage consolidation and better utilization of the SAN, significantly reducing connection costs and simplifying storage management.
- Bandwidth Aggregation for Blade Server Deployments. Placing more servers into denser environments can push the infrastructure bandwidth to its limits. The iSR6240 with eight 1GbE iSCSI ports can aggregate native 1GbE server connectivity, which allows unimpeded server deployment through initiator virtualization, without major disruptions to the network or fabric.
- Branch Office Data Consolidation and Centralized Management. Data that reside in remote locations and branch offices create problems for backup, archiving, and regulatory compliance. Higher storage utilization and better return on investment (ROI) can be achieved by consolidating data in the data center. The file server at the remote office accesses SAN storage in the data center using both the iSCSI initiator in the file server host and the iSR6240.
True Flexibility and Ease-of-Use.
The iSR6240 can simultaneously provide all of the functionality from a single blade. A simple GUI allows IT managers to establish and configure connections for any operational mode. The iSR6240 provides a single, unified storage infrastructure that simultaneously supports Fibre Channel, IP SAN, WAN, and network-attached storage (NAS) data formats, supplying flexibility and connectivity to data center users.
- TrueFlex™ architecture provides any-to-any protocol flexibility and connectivity
- Open fabric interoperability supports existing networks, SANs, and WANs
- Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP) capability: Providing effective data replication, migration, and disaster recovery with no distance limitations
- Enterprise-class high availability (HA) design provides dual hot-swap power supplies and router blades for no single point of failure
- Future-proof modular design enables easy upgrades to more ports or new protocols
- Unmatched performance: up to 800 MBps throughput and 200K IOPS
- Massive storage consolidation for 1,024 virtual machines using 2,048 iSCSI initiator support and 8,192 LUN support through dual-blade iSR6240 configuration
- Simultaneous support for iSCSI connectivity and SAN-over-WAN connection lowers the cost of storage consolidation and distance connectivity for dynamic reconfiguration, and simplifies ongoing management
- Advanced installation and configuration wizards allow setup and deployment in fewer than 25 minutes
- Management interoperability with leading SAN management applications
|Model||6240-C12-B (Chassis)||6240-B10-N (Blade)|
||Includes one 6240 Blade, one RJ-45 to RS-232 adapter, and two 8Gb Fibre Channel SR SFP+|
|Interface Specification per 6240 Blade|
|Product Features per Blade||
|FCIP WAN Support||
|Supported SFP Types||Shortwave (optical)|
|Microsoft||Windows 2003, 2008|
|Solaris||SPARC 2.6, 8, 9, 10, x86|
|Linux||Red Hat AS 3, 4, 5, and SUSE Enterprise Server 8, 9, 10|
|VMware||ESX Server v3.5x, v4.0x|
|HP-UX||versions 10, 11iv2, 11iv3|
|QLogic iSCSI||4010, 4050, 4052, 4060, 4062|
|Apple||OS X (with ATTO driver)|
|FRU Management||Dual-blade configuration enables replacing a failed blade with a new one without requiring any reconfiguration of SAN, LAN, or iSR6240|
|Access methods||Two dedicated out-of-band (OOB) Ethernet 10 and 100 Base-T, RJ-45 and RS-232 serial ports per blade|
|Diagnostics||Power-on self-test (POST) of all functions except media modules|
|User interface||LED front panel indicators, CLI, and browser utilities|
|Physical and Power Specifications|
|Enclosure Type||1U, full rack width, mounting rails included|
|Weight||12.7 kg (27.9 lbs)|
|Cooling||Six redundant fans with back-to-front airflow|
|Operating Temperature||+5°C to +40°C (41°F to 104° F)|
|Non-Operating Temperature||-40°C to +70°C (-40°F to 158° F)|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 90% (non-condensing)|
|Non-Operating Humidity||5% to 93% (non-condensing)|
|Operating Altitude||0 to +10,000 feet|
|Non-Operating Altitude||0 to +50,000 feet|
|Safety Standards||UL 60950 (USA), CSA 2.2 No. 60950 (Canada), EN 60950 (EC), CB Scheme-IEC 60950, FCC Class A, Industry Canada IECS-003 Class-A, CISPR22:1997 (3rd Edition, Class-A International), VVCI Approval to V.3 (Japan), ACA C-Tick Approval to AS/NZS 3548 (Australia and New Zealand), RPL Certification (Korea), Class 1 Laser Product per DHHS 21CFR(J) and IEC 680825|
1 Future product release.
Download the QLogic iSR6240 Router Datasheet (PDF).